So now the dies are installed, time to start testing...
Now the biggest problem with the Pro1000 was the priming system and I read many an internet forum complaint about the Loadmaster's priming system. Fear not I sorted the Pro1000, how hard can the Loadmaster be?....famous last words right?
Well, I didn't need to sort anything, it works out of the box! All you need to do is to set the priming depth.
Lee obviously have also read the same internet forums...these new models are modded at the factory.
The primer chute is smooth, no burrs.
The new primer tray works fantastic...open, drop primers, shake, close...it now has a lock to ensure primers don't fall out...insert in priming chute, open, primers fall freely. The primers also get a good shake when the ram travels, so no primers hanging up in the tray.
The shell plate has also been improved...the bearing surfaces are smooth and the timing contacts have been improved.
The carrier's bearing surfaces are also polished.
The timing rod has been beveled at the factory.
So hats of to Lee...they sorted a lot of problems.
But as always there will be problems also....not with the Press mind you...it's a monster!
The press only needs to be well lubed to work smooth. My problem was my reloading bench, it was not strong enough for this press. Most of the press' weight hangs off the bench, so make sure your bench is sturdy.
While loading I found primers not deprimed and suspiciously long cartridges....because of the flex in my bench I was short stroking....Remember every step of your reloading on the Loadmaster happens at the top stroke...
Glad to report that this problem has been sorted by a trip to Timber City.
I am very impressed with this press. It's still early days but it will get a good workout this coming week...Africa Champs is almost here!
More to follow.....
Share this post